All meeting attendees can now use noise cancellation capabilities in Google Meet if:
- Noise cancellation is available for the meeting organizer’s Google Workspace edition.
- If the user joins a meeting using any Google Meet hardware devices.
Additionally, if a user has noise cancellation, it will function in all meetings regardless of whether the meeting organizer has noise cancellation or not.
We hope that by making noise cancellation available to all meeting attendees will help improve the quality of meetings by limiting background noise distractions.
- Admins: There is no admin action required.
- End users: Visit the Help Center to learn more about filtering out noise from your video call on Google Meet.
- This feature is available now for all users.
- Noise cancellation is on by default for: Google Workspace Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Frontline, Enterprise Plus, and Workspace Individual Subscriber accounts.
- Noise cancellation is off by default for: Education Plus, and Teaching and Learning Upgrade accounts.
- For all Google Workspace accounts: If the settings is on by default for your organization in a meeting with other people outside of your organization, they can also use this feature during that meeting.