Teachers can now schedule posts across multiple classes in Google Classroom on the web. Teachers can use the assignment-scheduling flow to configure the:
- Due date
- Post date
Note: The rest of the assignment will remain the same.
Once set, they can select which classes should receive the post and when it should be published:
- Published immediately
- Published at a certain time
- Save as draft
Why it matters
This update to the scheduling function will make it quicker and easier for teachers to assign classwork across numerous classes, saving them valuable time and simplifying class planning and management.
- There is no additional cost associated with this new functionality.
- Once an assignment has been scheduled, teachers can change the assignment within each individual class.
- Note that selecting “Copy settings to all” will delete any previously entered settings for the assignment.
- If a co-teacher schedules a post to one or multiple classes, they will be the owner of the associated Google Drive assets along with the course owner.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: Visit the Help Center to learn more about creating and posting assignments.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) started on March 17, 2022.
- Available to Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals, Education Standard, the Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Education Plus customers.
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Frontline, and Nonprofits, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers